http://astore.amazon.com/avemusjoe-20

Friday, October 14, 2011

What Has Happened To Best Buy

I just want to take the time to express my opinion on the state of affairs for the once desirable Best Buy store. It's just not what it used to be and it makes me sad to even write this.
I moved to Columbus back in 1999 and it was in that period that I walked into a Best Buy for the very first time. First of all, I was struck by the sheer size of the store. It looked more like a warehouse to me. After I got past that initial shock, I noticed the rows upon rows of CD's and that's when I realized I was in heaven.
I remember that you could find any CD you were looking for and it didn't seem to matter how obscure you thought the artist was. It was there.                                                                                                              I understand it's become more of an online business now with these same CD's being shipped back to their warehouses to be distributed through online orders. This disappoints me greatly since I do very little shopping online because guess what, I don't want to pay shipping and handling charges. I'd rather walk in browse around until I find what I'm looking for, pick it up, and walk to the cashier. Hell, I might even make an impulse buy while I'm at it.
Now, their CD selection is two ten foot rows of pop rock, less than a row of country, about a half row of rap, and a half row combined of soundtracks and greatest hits of the decade packages.
Even their DVD/BlueRay section is bad considering how much the selection has grown. It's no wonder people aren't frequenting the now former retail giant, which is struggling now due to a stubborness to not lowering their prices, which are ridiculous, and the struggling economy.
So I leave with one final word: Best Buy, if you really want to turn things around, why don't you at least start conducting your business based upon your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment